About Our Family

I am a mother of four children who are between the ages of 7 and 20 years old.  In 2010, I was expecting my third child and teaching grade 2/3 at a local school and I decided to take off a year for maternity leave and homeschool my two eldest children.  I wanted the kids to really get to know their baby sister and I felt that I wanted to be more involved in their learning.  This wonderful year of learning together in our home and in our community was a real blessing to the whole family.  In August 2010, I enrolled our two children with Heritage Christian Online School (HCOS) and I haven’t looked back.  We are now in our eleventh year of homeschooling with HCOS and have seen our eldest child successfully transitioned to adult life and working full time as a Video Game Computer Programmer.  Our second child is now at the cusp of entering adulthood and seeking direction for her future career and post-secondary education choices.  My husband and I are left to homeschool our two youngest children aged 8 and 10.  There are so many more homeschooling curriculum options these days than there were 11 years ago.  I am recording our homeschool journey for our benefit as well as a way to support other homeschoolers as they navigate how to successfully navigate their journey.